Monday, June 27, 2011

Race report: Europ. Cup Leogang


The last two weekends were filled with races back-to-back. First stop was Leogang Austria for the third round of the European Downhill Cup. Since it is a fair way from home and I had never seen the course I chose to take the Friday off to make the most of the training. It was a good decision because it had rained the past days and the course was very muddy. The Worldcup the weekend before on the same track had completely bombed the course and it was rough even on the dry Friday. It was the muddiest course I had ever seen in my entire biking history!


Saturday it stormed and rained: and the track got even muddier – and stickier as the rain let up. In the qualifications I did not hit the lines I wanted and got blown off my bike because I hadn’t seen a hole. So on Sunday I started in 4th position and with an almost perfect run took home 2nd place behind Victoria Zamalieva from Russia.

Once again I am very happy. With this result I am still barely in position 1 overall. Now the Cup will move to the Czech Republic and Italy without me - so I will gain no more points and fall behind. But I'm looking forward to the final round in Châtel, France. There I will try my best to get another good result for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment