Monday, May 2, 2011

1st European DH Cup in Monte Tamaro - Sliding into 4th place


First things first: Monte Tamaro really scared me a couple of times. Running up to the date I had a lot of respect because of the fact it was going to be a European competition. And then it rained - a lot. The course turned very slippery. I do not like mud, I hate slippery. During the training rides my mind was battling my ability to ride a bike, scaring the s$... out of me on some sections...
But as I learned to accept the facts and just calculated all the lines with some slippage the world changed. I didn't get quit everything out of me on race day, but nonetheless I was almost a minute faster than my qualification time and booked a good 4th place.
Next up will be Todtnau in Germany on the 21./22. May!

No comments:

Post a Comment